“There are a lot of organizations doing political organizing, but I think we’re working on something different here in terms of talking about it as a community. It really struck home for me when we had the Shabbat dinner for gay and lesbian marriage.”
Our adult education programming is geared toward exploring the meaning of Jewish history, ritual, and thought from a secular perspective. Together, we grapple with questions of historical experience, values, and identity that challenge our thinking.
A foundation of Jewish and progressive literacy keeps our community strong. Come learn with us!
- Adult education courses are taught by highly qualified and stimulating guest instructors.
- The Circle Book Group reads fiction and non-fiction, and meets for discussion on Sunday mornings.
- The Israel/Palestine Film Series seeks to broaden an understanding of the Israel-Palestine conflict for people just starting to learn about the issue as well as for seasoned activists.
- The Secular Tamlud Class asks how we can engage in the Talmud as secular Jews.
- We also offer Yiddish classes and lectures for adults.
For updates about one-time lectures and discussion groups on a variety of topics, please sign up for our e-calendar.