“There are a lot of organizations doing political organizing, but I think we’re working on something different here in terms of talking about it as a community. It really struck home for me when we had the Shabbat dinner for gay and lesbian marriage.”
Teens Acting for Social Change
Teens Acting for Social Change (TASC) is a fantastic group of energized teens making a difference in our world. TASCers build community, learn about social justice issues, and take action.
- SUNDAY October 28th, 11AM-1PM (location TBD - family home). Agenda: training on facilitation and curriculum design, in preparation for peer leadership opportunities in the future.
- SUNDAY November 11th, 3-5PM, The Democracy Center, 45 Mount Auburn Street, Harvard Square (OPTIONAL PREP IF NEEDED) Agenda: Final prep for Education Justice Day
- MONDAY, November 12th, 2-5PM, Location TBD - YMORE Education Justice day. Agenda: Teens gather from 10 different youth groups, TASC teens lead training on social justice issues
- SUNDAY, December 2nd, 10:30-12:30PM (Location: BWC building). Agenda: TASC plays a role in helping 5th graders prepare for sweatshop protest
- SUNDAY. December 9th (Location TBD). Agenda: Sweatshop protest support!
- SUNDAY, December 16th (optional). Agenda: Support Hanukkah party (exact role TBD)