Join us for community Shabes Dinners! Shabes gatherings include conversation, ritual blessings, inspiring texts, singing, and potluck dinners. This is a time for reflection, restoration, and spirituality. The Shabes Committee oversees monthly programs led by different hosts who provide personalized additions to the ritual. Contact Jill Edelson and Marie Ariel for more information.
The evening will start at 6:30 PM with time to settle in and shmooze. A shabes ceremony will start at 7 PM, followed by a potluck dinner at about 7:45 PM. Come for the ceremony or the potluck dinner or both.
Download a sample ritual program booklet and listen to sample songs:
2016-2017 SHABES: 6:30 PM
- Friday, September 16 - Singing In Shabes with Members of the Chorus
- Friday, November 4 - Aging in Community Committee: Shabes Reflections
- Friday, January 27 - Shabes Hootenanny: A Musical Shabes hosted by our Young Adults
- Friday, March 17 - Hosted by the Jewish Muslim Relations Committee
- Friday, April 7 - Hosted by a Shule family
- Friday, May 5 - May Day Workers' Shabes in Yiddish hosted by the Yiddish Committee