“The Workmen's Circle is my Jewish community because it allows me to express all the different aspects of my Jewish identity in one place. It’s where I act for change while being part of a larger, inter-generational community.”
IMMIGRANT JUSTICE & SANCTUARY WORKING GROUP
- The Safe Communities Act to make MA a sanctuary state
- Cosecha, a movement forpermanent protections, dignitiy and respect for all immigrants. Join and support the May 1st general strike!
- IJS has helped form an interfaith Brookline coalition (Brookline Si) working on the following issues:
- Supporting congregations, including BWC, in becoming Level 2 sanctuary congregations
- Developing a rapid response network to respond to ICE raids.
Rapid Response Network Training - Sunday May 7th, 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Learn How to Show Up as a Public Witness at Immigration and Customs Enforcement Raids
On Wednesday, April 5th, members of the BWC Immigration Justice and Sanctuary Working Group attended Immigrant's Day at the State House, organized by MIRA, to meet with state legislators calling on their support of the Safe Communities Act, and act to make MA a sanctuary state.
Questions? Contact Libby at email@example.com.